noviembre 12, 2009

My academic year

The first term of this year I was eager to started classes and I felt curiosity because I was not going to be as introductory subjects, but more practical and associated with various areas of psychology. The first term I had occupational psychology, communitary psychology, clinical, juridic and educational. The second term has been better than the first because I could choose the subjects I wanted to take according to my interests, today I think my choices were good. The bad thing about this semester is that my group of friends broke a little because not all agree on the same classes.

Now I think the first term of this year was very difficult because in all the subjects I did many works and research in group and I didn´t have free time for fun, but I feel I learned a lot. In communitary psychology my group and I we went to a communitary health center in Recoleta, in this place we participated in a group of addicts, this was a very good experience because we known how to work in the community area. In educational psychology I learned history and problems of chilean education .In Juridic psychology I learned how the psychologists work in the area of justice. My favourite class was clinical psychology because in this subject I learned the basics things of psychotherapy with children and my group and I did a research on " How media influence teenagers' suicide".

The second term was not as difficult as the first, partly because I didn’t do much works in group and that allowed me to better organize my time. My favorite subjects this semester were: In humanistic area through workshops could learn to know and manage my emotions better, which is very important for a psychologist . In the subject of community area I learned about drugs’s problem and the use of hallucinogens in indigenous and as a form of therapy. For me, the best of all subjects was Young-infant psychology because I could learn more about the therapy with children and learned to practice. This is the area to which I want to dedicate the future.

I hope to finish well this semester. So far I think this year I learned a lot and I hope the years have left to finish my carreer continues to be well, that can go on discovering things that psychology is a broad subject where there will always be new things to learn.

1 comentario:

  1. I'm glad that you, like most of your fellow classmates, had a good year. I hope you do very well next year,too. The best of luck!

    Corrections:
    The first term of this year I was eager to start(/) classes and I felt curiosity because I was not going to DEAL WITH introductory subjects, but more practical ONES and associated with various areas of psychology. The first term I had occupational psychology, communitary psychology, clinical, juridic and educational. The second term has been better than the first because I could choose the subjects I wanted to take according to my interests AND today I think my choices were good. The bad thing about this semester is that my group of friends broke UP a little because not all OF US agreED on the same classes.

    Now I think the first term of this year was very difficult because in all the subjects I did many ASSIGNMENTS and research in group and I didn´t have free time for fun, but I feel I learned a lot. In communitary psychology my group and I we went to a communitary health center in Recoleta, in this place we participated WITH a group of addicts, this was a very good experience because NOW we known how to work in the community area. In educational psychology I learned history and problems of Chilean education. In Juridic psychology I learned how the psychologists work in the area of justice. My favourite class was clinical psychology because in this subject I learned the basic(/) things ABOUT psychotherapy with children and my group and I did SOME research on " How media influencES ON teenagers' suicideS".

    The second term was not as difficult as the first, partly because I didn’t do much TEAM group and that allowed me to organize my time better AND I LEARNED MANY INTERESTING THINGS: In THE humanistic area, through workshops, I could learn HOW to GET TO know and manage my emotions better, which is very important for a psychologist . In the subject of community area I learned about THE problem ASSOCIATED TO drugS and the use of hallucinogens in indigenous GROPUS AS AN ADDICTION and as a form of therapy. For me, the best of all subjects was Young-infant psychology because I could learn more about the therapy with children and HAD THE CHANCE to practice. This is the area IN which I want to WORK in the future.

    I hope to finish well this semester. So far I think this year I learned a lot and I hope the years I have left to finish my career EVERYTHING TURNS OUT well, AND that I can go on discovering NEW things. Psychology is a broad subject where there will always be new things to learn.

    ResponderEliminar